Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BitSec Live Data Acquisition and Analysis Course

A couple of weeks ago I was very fortunate to attend the BitSec forensic course at the Justice Institute in Seattle. Now those of you who have not done any memory forensic training then I highly recommend this course.

I have to admit that I knew a fair bit of the content taught and was familiar with some of the tools used. However, the course was a real hands on training using the tools in a real world based environment, and I have to say I learnt a lot.

Not only is Mike Webber a gentleman and an excellent trainer, but his experience really shone through articulating the subject of live analysis. Also there was a lot of good experience in the training room and one or two real world uses of live analysis was shared. In particular a really great example was given my Sgt Doug Collins of the RCMP, but I will leave Doug to expand on this further.

The only disappointment was that Lance Mueller was not there, it would of been great to catch up with him again. I did hear that he was in the BitSec jet somewhere over South America. In fact we devised a new series of books  called “Where’s Lance”.

Course Link

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the promotion Andy. Now if I can get the pay from that rank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promotion? I always thought you were officer level?

    ReplyDelete