Thursday, April 22, 2010

Samsung uSATA SSD Drive and Tableau Imager

I have been very impressed to date with the tableau Imager software, provided by Tableau Tableau Imager Product Page. Today I had the chance to really see how fast it could be, as I had a Samsung 64GB uSATA SSD drive to image.

 

ssd

Using the Tableau SATA write blocker with a micro-sata adaptor connected to my Windows 7 workstation (x64) via firewire I was able to show the shear speed of the 64GB uSATA SSD drive and the Tableau software.

 

tableau-sata

The Tableau Imager was configured using the following settings;

  • EnCase E0 format
  • 2 GB file size
  • Full Compression
  • MD5 and SHA1 hashes selected

The results of the speed of the imaging in my opinion was simply staggering;

The Tableau log file showed that the imaging was finished in only 17minutes!

-----------------------Start of Tableau Imager Log entry------------------------

Task: Disk to File
Status: Ok
Created: Thu Apr 22 12:15:06 2010
Started: Thu Apr 22 12:15:06 2010
Closed: Thu Apr 22 12:31:38 2010
Elapsed: 17 min
User:
Case ID:
  DELL-
Case Notes: 
  Number:

Imager App: Tableau Imager
Imager Ver: 1.1

64GB fully compressed in 17 minutes!

1 comment: